Friday, September 16, 2011

Review by Mad Moose Mama

My virtual book tour made a stop at the blog of Mad Moose Mama today. (http://madmoosemama.blogspot.com/2011/09/lucas-trent-guardian-in-magic-by.html) This actually was the first review of the tour, which makes this all the more exciting for me, thanks at this point to Mama for reading “Guardian in Magic” and providing feedback in that way.

I would like to use the opportunity to comment on one point that Mad Moose Mama brought up: Seeing the story only from the point of Lucas Trent: I thought about this a lot before writing the story, and even more after I finished. Yes, some of the backgrounds would have given a more complete picture of the situation, especially concerning Wolfman and Plague. The point behind staying focused on Lucas Trent was not that the information wouldn’t exist, I did quite intensive documentation of all of that in the background, the point was to show a picture of one person only to give my readers a sort of “first person experience” Why did I do that? Well, have you ever had the feeling watching a movie or reading a book that you would have done things differently? I always have that, and most of the time I would have because I know many angles. The whole concept behind the Lucas Trent storyline is based on the fact that you (the reader) don’t have any information that Lucas Trent doesn’t have as well. (Except for the little sidelines with Archangel.) So you will learn the truth at the same time he does… Having said that… As the storyline develops you will of course get more background information about the others of Lucas’ group, and of course there will be more encounters with the mysterious Plague… And Archangel… And all the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment